Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tickle me with hope

When the one you love most in the world has left, and you remain with a spirit of consumption—a consuming fire that wants nothing, but to fix what is broken – a consuming cold that chills to the core with a dark emptiness.

When nothing is left for you in the place you call home, how do you gather strength to stay? Is hope enough? One as myself would trust it is. I believe that hope is the foundation to living. Without hope – there is no reason to go on. I like to think that love and hope are synonymous.

I hope life tickles me soon. I want something to jolt
me into a new existence, something bold like a personal 9/11 or the birth
of a child. (Welcome
to the world Mya Lynn) I am ready to take the shark by the fin,
diving to the unknown.

My friend, John Milton told me the other day,

"Receive thy new possessor, one who brings
A mind not to be changed by place or time!
The mind is its own place and in itself
Can made a Heaven of Hell, a hell of Heaven"

No comments:

Post a Comment